This weeks gratitude list has a theme. Food, family and friends. I start back at my day job soon and spent this week catching up and eating with friends.
1. I’m grateful for Monday’s lunch with Donna. We saw each other for dinner with our husbands and another couple a few months ago, but didn’t really get the chance to catch up. I’m grateful we both found a few hours to spend with each other Monday.
2. I’m grateful for drinks and snacks Tuesday night with Marla. Since she moved to Wyoming we don’t get to see each other as often as we did when she lived closer. I miss chatting with her over pomegranate margaritas while eating guacamole, and I’m grateful we were able to meet Tuesday night.
3. I’m grateful for dinner plans Thursday with Barbara, Linda, Rose and Barbara. The five of us go way back to when our kids were in elementary school and playing soccer together. We started a group text to find a date that worked for all of us. It wasn’t easy, and I’m grateful we did.
4. I’m grateful for Friday’s lunch with Pat. Pat was my very best friend all through elementary, middle and high school. We try to get together once or twice a year. When we do, we just pick up where we left off.
5. I’m always grateful for Saturday lunch with my sisters and parents. Every week we take 20 minutes to decide if we are ordering a pizza (Dad’s favorite) or Chinese food (mom’s favorite) because it takes us that long to argue about what we had last week. Then we argue about who will pay for it. This week my sister Lisa decided we were going to a chicken place for wings. My dad cracks corny jokes and my mom rolls her eyes a lot. I was sent home with home grown tomatoes and my dad telling me to be careful driving. An ordinary Saturday lunch with my family and I’m so grateful for it.
What are you grateful for this week?
Yours in Gratitude,