I met Dean when he took Bath and Body University in NYC a few years ago. Actually, I meet a lot of people that way since I assist Marla with her classes when she comes to NYC. There was something special about Dean and we quickly became friends. Saturday night I was perusing Facebook and found out he had a motorcycle accident. Dean is fine, but that made me stop and think of some reasons why I am grateful for him.
1. I’m grateful for the weekend Dean dragged my suitcase through the streets of Manhattan. And it wasn’t a Louie Vuitton suitcase. 🙂
2. I’m grateful I am no longer a gay-bar-pool-playing virgin, since Dean took me to my first gay bar to play pool. I will admit it took me 10 minutes to realize where I was and I also lost miserably.
3. I’m grateful for the random politically incorrect joke texts he sends me. They sometimes make me spit out my tea.
4. I’m grateful for his encouragement and support of Alegna Soap. He continues to cheer me on, and always has something positive to say about what I’m doing.
5. I’m grateful that even though he has moved to Miami, he still keeps in touch and hasn’t forgotten about me.
What are you grateful for this week?
Yours in Gratitude,