Gratitude List 10.6.14
Every Saturday afternoon my sisters and I go to visit my parents. We have lunch together. Usually pizza because my dad likes it. Sometimes my mom puts her foot down because she is sick of pizza, then she picks Chinese. They bicker back and forth, (I swear next time I’m bringing a tape recorder) and my sisters and I laugh. It sounds so ordinary, yet it is so special. My list this week is all about Saturday afternoon lunch at my parents’ house.
1. I am grateful for FaceTime that allow me to see my daughter when I speak with her. I am especially grateful on Saturday afternoons when I can watch her chat with her grandparents
2. I am grateful my parents have a sense of humor and can laugh over vagina cookies in the news
3. I am grateful my dad allows me to torture him by placing stuffed animals on his head while he sleeps on the couch
4. I am grateful for my sisters, who help me think of more ways to torture our dad (Next hospital visit, guess who is getting his toes painted red??)
5. And last, I am So grateful for Saturday afternoon lunch.
Yours in Gratitude,